Siluestres
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An intriguing semi-realistic, semi-literate wolf pack roleplay.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do I roleplay? - Guide to the IRC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Taroou
Aureus
Aureus
Taroou

Character Profile
Wolf Name:: Taroou
Wolf Age:: 3 years
Wolf Gender:: Female

How do I roleplay? - Guide to the IRC Empty
PostSubject: How do I roleplay? - Guide to the IRC   How do I roleplay? - Guide to the IRC EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 9:46 am

If you are going to roleplay, you'll need to connect to our IRC channels. This can be a little tricky, especially with the multiple servers you can connect to out there, but this mini-tutorial will explain everything you need to know- well, I'll try, anyway.

First, you'll need to connect to a server. To do this, we recommend using Kiwiirc (https://kiwiirc.com/client), so that's what we're going to use right now.

1. Choose a nickname - to make it easier for us, use your site name/wolf name. If you have a password, enter it.

Step 1:

2. Type in which channels you'd like to join. In our case, we want this in our box - "#siluestres-ic, #siluestres-ooc" without the quotations.

Step 2:

3. See that link (Server and network) under the Start button? Click on it. Now type in "irc.foonetic.net" in the first box. leave Port and SSL as they are.

Step 3:

4. Click Start and, if all went well, it should work! You can switch between channels by clicking their names at the top. The bar at the bottom of the screen is where you type what you want to say.
(warning, large image)

Step 4:

Psst... If you type in '/me', it will replace '/me' with your username.

And that's how you connect to our channels.
Happy Howling!
Back to top Go down
http://siluestres.roflforum.net

How do I roleplay? - Guide to the IRC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Siluestres :: Help and FAQ :: Guides-
Jump to: